Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A long Haitus

Moving on to a new chapter.  Finished working at the international preschool.  It was a great memory but time for a change.  Went home to the states and went to work for a great company manufacturing diesel engines.  The job was great and met many great people who dedicated their lives to working for Cummins but found that I missed teaching and love to work with kids.    So made the transition back to Japan leading to working for one of the best bosses every.

I moved to the tsunami, earthquake and radiation struck area of Japan, Fukushima.  I taught for a lady who had a wonderful school in Soma, Japan.  Under her leadership I was able to work for a kindergarten, elementary, private English school and teach English lessons to adults at a couple of area companies.  I was kept constantly on the go but really loved my work.  However, due to the radiation exposure and my wife missing her family, we decided to return to Kansai where I am currently.

I now teach for a public board of education and plan on updating this blog with some of the craziness that goes in as well as the touching moments.  I really want people who are interested in Japan to come away with a different perspective of what life is actually like as an ALT or assistant language teacher in Japan.  So stay tuned for more interesting posts and regular updates from Big Booger!

No comments: